Friday, July 19, 2013

Distractions. Act One, Scene One

What is it, if anything, that causes me to be distracted?  I know I am not the only one that is distracted by little things, and big things! Just this morning I was thinking of what I could do…
Read my book
It’s a good one!
It’s quiet and nobody is awake yet
I should read my bible while it’s quiet
Bible on my phone or the actual bible
It feels good to turn pages…actual bible
I’m hungry
I need to make coffee
Leftover iced coffee in the fridge..bonus!
*as a walk pass the computer*
Oooh, maybe I should write
What am I gonna write?
I have that book idea I haven’t fed in a while
Oh no, a kiddo is awake!
Quiet time may be over…
Saved by tired eyes!
Shhh, I’m writing….about writing
I still haven’t read any of my bible, or my book, because I thought I should throw this garble on the pages of certainty.  The words are certainly here, will they continue to float in my head? Yes.  Of course.  They course through my mind and I continue to play stage director to the thoughts, placing them on stage to perform for my enjoyment and sanity.
Mama *interruption number 94,386* …

Please exit stage left, you are upstaging the show.
I continue to entertain my thoughts, subjecting them to rigorous practices prior to the performance.  Questioning their validity, their value, and their effectiveness.  I wonder if Solomon was subjected to moments of distraction such as these.  I wonder what the mind of Christ did when presented with distraction.  They were human... did they laugh at their thoughts as I do mine?  Did they play director?  

"As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever." I Chronicles 28:9 

"A fool does not delight in understanding, But only in revealing his own mind."  Proverbs 18:2 *Convicted*

"But Paul said, 'I am not out of my mind, most excellent Festus, but I utter words of sober truth.'" Acts 26:25

No comments: