Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today is the Greatest...

...day I've ever known.

Today is new, it's unlike any other day I've had. The leaves are different, people I drive by are different, the clothes are different. To me, different is good. Different ways to say things, do things, different ways of seeing the way the world is.
I haven't quite come to an understanding of why I like different so much, but I do know that there are many people in the world that don't like different. That is foreign to me, but....but....the difference between me and the next gal/guy makes the smile return.
The fact the God created each one of us to do something very exactly, that not one of us does our life in the same way, that we vary in so many aspects, makes my faith all the more tangible. Not touchy-feely tangible, but real. Real in a way that I know that there is so much that the Lord offers to each one of us...that we are all finding His truths, which...amazing: NEVER change....in so many different ways.
I love that there is not one stagnant day that God recalls to us in His word. It's all different, it's all real, it's all pointing to Him, His love, His grace, His truth...it is found even in opposite circumstances.

I love that He makes friends out of enemies. I love that He teaches us patience through isolation as well as through chaos. I love that He gives and He takes away...He disciplines and He comforts.
I love that, I love Him.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17

No comments: