Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Motivation

As I was perusing the web for fantastic and wonderful things that can either encourage or make me smile I found one that did both. It's a quote from an author that a great friend of mine has listed on her profile on Facebook. I have never heard of this author, though her quotes are witty and bright....as well as thought provoking and grim. This one is a little of it all:

"Finish. The difference between being a writer and being a person of talent is the discipline it takes to apply the seat of your pants to the seat of your chair and finish. Don't talk about doing it. Do it. Finish."
— E.L. Konigsburg

That's it. That's my new motivation. It's not that I necessarily have a book I am going to write...it's that I do a lot of talking. I need to make the time and space in my brain for doing that which I "hope" to do, or think that I would do well at.
So as for the lists that wrap their tentacles around my brain, they shall no longer choke the life out of my gift! I will apply the seat of my pants to the seat of my chair! I will do that which I had previously only thought of, and finish.

The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands.
Proverbs 14:1

1 comment:

Lobug said...

And I am so excited to see the results!!!!