Thursday, September 3, 2009

Late Night Ramblings

It's almost midnight...and as this day passes and a new day begins, I am thankful for what the Lord does (and is doing) in the lives of those that follow Him.
It's not just that He takes care of us at every turn....food, shelter, health....it's that He is taking us down a road which we have never traveled before.

As I write that I am thinking that it is a strange thought...to think that we may go down a road that we have traveled before. Do we really think that we would travel the same road over and over...back and forth...as if pacing through life, until we wear a deep and stale road that becomes a pit?

I would be foolish to think that He would do anything other than show us a new road to travel....or to think that I would want to follow Him in order to have a life of repetition...
on the contrary...this life of surrender, following, and obedience, has proved to be full of adventure. Lovely, heart wrenching, gut busting, adventure. That's not even a sufficient word! I just can't think of a better one...it's late.

I am so thankful. That He has His hand on mine, and that He is leading and guiding my steps....to know that I am not blind or deaf or lame (okay, I can be lame sometimes...I'm a sinner)...but when I am totally devoted and meditating on His truth and His promise and His desire for my life (thank you that you're not done, Lord!)...I am thankful.

As I prepare myself for rest this evening, I know that tomorrow has a whole other story that will unfold...and I am excitedly waiting with expectation the joy that will come from it...trials and all. It's so beautiful!!!

The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
You support my lot.
The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.
Psalm 16: 5-6

No comments: