Monday, September 1, 2008

Relative Time

Okay, so August is not on my calendar anymore. I cut it out, off, whatever...it's gone now. So, according to me, I have only taken one week to not write! See how that works? Time is relative.

Speaking of relatives, for all of you that are in my family tree: hello! It's been too long since we last spoke, or hugged, or laughed together. And you need to know you are missed. I'm not sure if there will ever be a day in my life where I feel as though I have communicated sufficiently with those I love, family or not.

So what is the happy thought of today? Time. Wonderful time. Disastrous time. Too much can cause insanity, too little can do the same. Although, lately I have had the opportunity to take time and invest it. The turn around and yield on this investment has been dramatic....and for those of you who have any hesitation of making the same investment, don't hesitate!

Time spent with the people we love, and the people we know love us, has a way of supplying us with an immeasurable amount of sustainability. The Lord infiltrates the time and seems to fill in the blanks with jet puffed goodness, providing our lives with sweet mercy and warm gooey smiles. Memories plump with endorphins that are triggered and released when we recall the time we invested.

The relationships and moments I've been investing in have been multiplying the blessings in my life. Grace to make mistakes and still have a smile on my face, joy in experiencing an unexpected blessing, and peace with the encouragement to trust the Lord. Now if that's not something to be happy about, to smile about, and to help the days go by smoother, then I'm not sure what would.

I do know that for all of those that touch my life by one degree or another, I hope that any time spent around me causes you to smile and see joy in everyday...and if it doesn't, then slap me upside the head and tell me so! Those are the times that I need more often! The ones I love telling me like it is, and puttin' me straight back to where I'm looking up at the Lord rather than my own piddly little circumstance. Amen? Amen!

So, here's to a day brimming with blessings from the Lord, time spent with Him, with your loved ones, and to the precious moments that give us warm fuzzy giggles...and the time to take it all in!

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.
Psalm 62:5-8

1 comment:

April said...

Hi Darlin',
Mama here. I love your words. I knew I passed on something worthwhile. Your are a wonderful writer. I hope you will keep it up. Your blog comes up now every time I launch my browser so I won't miss it. I enjoy it very much. I miss you, and I agree. I don't get to spend enough time with you either. I need to work on that. Keep on keepin' on you happy sweet girl. I love you so much! You are so special!! --Love, Mama