Friday, September 19, 2008

Beautiful Words

Wow, I guess I needed a couple of weeks to let the last post soak in my veins. Mmmmm, happiness (for me) is realizing the hard stuff is still just stuff. It all still takes time, it all still gives us something, and it all still doesn't last forever.

On the note of words, I am coming to appreciate more and more the power of my own words that I acctually speak. I can type and rant and write and journal all I want, but until I actually utter the words so they are audible (and not just talking out loud to myself) do they really make an impact.

Now, I am not excusing any purpose in writing, or the influence it has on others....I am talking about the impact it has on me. Yes, not you...me. Even though life is not all about me (insert smart comment here) I still live here on this Earth, in this body, with this brain, including the damage, the dreams, the drama.

And words that I speak are making a difference in my life. Confession time: I have an anger issue, with which harsh words (and attitudes, facial expressions, gestures, etc.) come with. It seems that there is a way that I can say it's due to my upbringing, or my heritage, blood line, chemical make up....but I still need to learn how to handle myself. And so, I have learned that the slower I speak, the more time I take to speak, and the less I say....the more the words become beautiful.

Yes, beautiful. Graceful, peaceful, encouraging, loving, beyond my circumstance. The more I learn how to speak from the words the Lord provides in His word (yes, the bible), the more I learn that I am being changed from the inside out. My character is being stretched, my mind is being renewed, and my being is cared for by the master of beautiful words. Mmmmm, I love the truth of His mercy for us, peace given to us, and patience with us....and it urges me to grasp to the beautiful words of encouragement that He is sufficient in my weekness....and pass them on.

Know this, my beloved brothers (sisters): let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. Therefore put away all fithiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
James 1: 19-21

1 comment:

Lobug said...

so true. Thanks for the reminder!