Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Homina, Homina, Homina....

My mind reels at the thought of life...of all the tiny moments that are put together in our minds. My sensory overload button is on the fritz again I think...

How exactly does it all work? How is it that we are created to handle all that we do...and how is it that things work out so well when we don't handle them?

SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!

5:00 A.M. - Awakened by my four year old: "My bed's cold."

5:05 A.M. - Replace child to his own bed, warm him up with the mommy rub (where I quickly swish my hands back and forth on his arms to make him feel warmer...not sure if this actually works for warmth, or if it just warms the heart)...and decide to stay awake.

5:10 A.M. - Notice slivers of sunrise on my window...pull back curtain to inspect...

5:25 A.M. - Decide to plop onto the hood of my car, breath in the crunchy crisp air, and stare at the hushed yellows blazing into orange embers on the silvery blue sky...then I cried... Holy God in heaven batman! You are RAD!

5:30 A.M. - Start pot of coffee...why I didn't do this sooner escapes me...

5:35-7:00 A.M. - Bible time! Nehemiah is a rad book of the bible...there's a lot to learn in that there book...

7:15 A.M. - Kids awake and let the races begin!

7:30 A.M. - Little boy I babysit arrives...he's so cute...such a blessing to be able to make money AND have an 'easy' kid to watch...

And from there the day just got better! But back to the sunrise....

B.E.A..utiful!

How these things turn out just sends me into a frenzy of overflowing joy...Our hands, our deeds, our intentions, our gifts...nothing...not a darn tootin' thing we can do to make anything that beautiful BETTER....

The simplest things (and these also happen to be the things that I have no part in making happen) are the 'bestest' to get my mind in a place of joy, tranquility, and overflowing...thanks where thanks is due: God.

You alone are the Lord. You have made the heavens, the heaven of heavens with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. you give life to all of them and the heavenly host bows down before you.
Nehemiah 9:6

1 comment:

Sam, Shannon and Fam said...

Hi Tink! Nice to read your thoughts :).